Friday, July 1, 2011

Walking Tall

Yes, I am anotha morbidly-obese, handicapped, gay, mixed-race, single mother - and project admin
I’m proud to stand up for my rights in this oppressively-racist, good old white boy network

My 55 year old great grandmother told me of the great struggles of her own unwed mother
This society failed them, me, and my children, leaving us unfit to assume our rightful places

But I got a government job now, good eyeglasses and seniority and I have earned my pride
Don’t have to listen when I got better things to do and baby, I do know the grievance process

They best show some respect and pay for my diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol
My partner and I want a place at the table, in their parades, schoolbooks and on TV shows

My white-devil-bitch-f*kin soccer-mom boss is always correctin my gotdamm emails
But I’ll tell you what, ma speech is ma culta and you just caint rob me of that nomo

Still struggling against the Asians and the Indians abusing us right down in our own hood
Enslaving us to they dingy little liquor stores and stale, overpriced, high-calorie snack foods

The illegales are stealing our job opportunities and robbing us of our pride in honest work
And they’re all like right up in here, trying to cheat us out of our sacred welfare birthright

We demand equal protection from the drug dealers who infest our filthy housing projects
Bu-ut - How come so many of us are in the prisons of the Man for so much longer than you all?

Aint drinkin no SelfResponsibility KoolAid til we gets us the income and respect we deserves
Demanding reparations for all the unjust enslavement we have endured for many generations

Them Mcdonalds and shit fast food are fattening and enslaving us to they minimum wage
Better our own local lard-fried chicken and fish on white bread with lots of real mayonnaise

Aint nobody up in here helpin us to clean up this damn decaying mess filled with trash
They still holding us down after 300 years with them invisible, but unbreakable chains

Got no role models but Aunt Jemima and some shot-to-death woman-beatin, gangsta rappa
They don’t come down in here and listen to us, but they got to hear me out at my job

I earned my degree in Communications so don’t be tellin me I just need some educatin
I’m in a special program for the under-represented and they best keep waiving requirements

Waitin for some restitution from all them like inhuman injustices we done suffad
And you can take your genocidal TB drugs and birth control plots right on outta here

Walking tall and takin pride and makin sure thay don’t say Nigga - Even right after I do
We got entitlements still comin in and we’re countin on them affirmative actions yet to begin

No comments:

Post a Comment