Sunday, July 24, 2011

We Burn In Each Other’s Hell

‘Quite literally, one man’s perfect heaven is another’s absolute hell’
I’ll always be with her in those early days back when we traveled lightly far and wide together
She’ll spend most of our time at the tiny cottage by the lake where her tulips opened every spring
Saint Mother wants nothing more than to be able to dote upon her dead son, for all time
He most surely rots in hell for his lifelong addiction to violent crime and various drugs

His vision of heaven was just to be left alone with his own solitary pursuits
She had always wanted to meet and to really get to know him intimately
All 5 of the dogs we had thru the years, will, of course, be a part of our afterlife
Somehow we shall be able to always pay sole attention to each of them, all at the same time

The fondest family dream of one of the kiddies was just to all be together once again
For Mommie and Daddie, just seeing each other again would be part of their burning in hell
I wont hear you blatting your fool Harley thru eternity as I slip quietly thru the forests
My children’s mother never forgot me, but I’ll be with the trophy wife who conned me

I always hated my lazy, fat, foul-mouthed sister-in-law, but loved my darling spouse
They got along so well that, of course, she shall dwell right next door to us in paradise
I remembered my brother best when we were boys, bluegill fishing at the cottage
In my kids heaven there is the beery uncle who smilingly picked them up with one giant hand

He relaxed in the garden of delights as promised by his beloved Quoran
We will dwell, of course, in the house of our fundamentalist lord in a puffy Christian heaven
Their Jihadi suicide martyrs lay forever with 17 virgins in a paradise of Sharian ease
From our heavenly vantage point we watch them suffer in a hell where they must always remain

They went on to unknowably more punishing rebirths but with at least a hope of eventual escape
I, however, was condemned to hell forever for my puny acts in but a single wasted lifetime
His favorite team would always reign as champions in his lamely shallow idea of paradise
Likewise, all the hated enemy’s fans would find the same vapid dream coming true as well

Each one true god’s heaven must surely be separated from those of the other unbelievers
But all men shall dwell together in brotherhood and understanding in eternal paradise
The blind shall finally see the human form in all its colors and arrangements
The appearance of the fat, ugly or deformed will somehow be invisible or unimportant

Will his fondest dreams of golf and new cars come true or will he be meaningfully enriched at last?
Must I somehow learn to accept and find I love all those many I could not stand my entire life?
Will the dead know our bygone futures and will we know all the dirty secrets of their pasts?
There must be something in the illegible fine print of their disclaimers that we don’t yet understand

No comments:

Post a Comment